Four months ago, I passed along my cousin Bob’s request for humanitarian donations as part of his work as a JAG officer in Afghanistan. His request has paid off: as the weeks have gone by, he and his fellow soldiers have received clothes, toys, shoes, hygeine kits, school supplies, blankets and much more from friends, family and numerous anonymous donors. To see his first post on the distribution of these donations, filled with some wonderful photographs, click here. (To see his post on how he successfully recruited Superman and Wonder Woman into the humanitarian cause, click here.) And to all of you who helped out–thank you!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Problem with Local Change
- Hunter: “Read the book, people.” OK, OK!
- BHodges: As Neylan suggests in the book, some of the things the institutional Church is...
- Hunter: Blair said, “These proposals, if implemented successfully locally, could...
- Lew Scannon: Mormons are 10% chimpanzee, 90% bee. :-\
- fbisti: theoldadam: I am confused by my interpretation of your closing statement. The...
- Eric D. Huntman: “I was particularly touched by his discussion of Jesus as a model...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 August 2014 August 28, 2014
- Fort Lauderdale Temple Named Best Cultural/Worship Project by Top Southeast Contractors August 27, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
Thanks from Afghanistan
January 14, 2007 | 2 commentsBy Russell Arben Fox