A Thank You, A Welcome

September 10, 2006 | 11 comments

We want to give our hearty thanks to Tyler Johnson, who took a break from his wonderful blog Mormon Hippocrates to grace Times and Seasons with a brilliant series of posts on achievement, spirituality, survival, and God’s grace. Thanks in particular, Tyler, for sharing your father’s story (though really it was a much larger story than that) with us; it made great reading. We hope to see you around T&S often in the future!

We are also pleased to announce that, after a long and delightful engagement, Margaret Blair Young–fine scholar, wise teacher, thoughtful author, superb blogger, sympathetic listener and occasional provocateur–has agreed to join Times and Seasons as our latest permablogger. She keeps telling us that she won’t have much time to blog; we keep telling her that our readership doesn’t care if it has to await, along as there is the promise of beautiful posts like this or this or this awaiting us. Welcome aboard, Margaret!

11 Responses to A Thank You, A Welcome

1. Frank McIntyre on September 10, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Thanks to both of you!

2. Nate Oman on September 11, 2006 at 9:22 am

Tyler: Thanks for your posts!

Margaret: Welcome aboard!

3. Wilfried on September 11, 2006 at 10:26 am

Thank you so much, Tyler. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed your original contributions. Readers should not forget to check out your own blog regularly!

Welcome to the group, Margaret! I understand your concern for time implications — I struggle with the same challenge –, but our readers are so kind and patient. Plus, some of our colleague-permabloggers (thanks to them!) provide a constant flow of posts.

4. Kevin Barney on September 11, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Quite a coup. Score one for T&S! I’m glad we have some hope of hearing Margaret’s voice regularly.

5. Kaimi Wenger on September 11, 2006 at 6:18 pm

I’ve been happy to read guest posts from both. Thanks for your participation thus far, Tyler — don’t be a stranger. And congratulations and welcome aboard, Margaret!

6. snarkey anonomous on September 11, 2006 at 8:46 pm

Tyler is a real gem. He is also one of the brightest minds that I have encountered. This guy is “gonna go places in this world.” Tyler, you are a first-class human being. Im glad Im sharing the planet with you. “Carry On” with your fine work.

7. Tyler Johnson on September 11, 2006 at 10:02 pm

Thanks so much for all the kind words, it’s been a pleasure.

8. Tyler Johnson on September 11, 2006 at 10:17 pm

P.S. Snarkey: I have to admit, you do not seem very Snarkey. Also, are you the “anonymous” from a few months back on Mormon Hippocrates? Or, do I know you from elsewhere?

9. snarkey anonomous on September 12, 2006 at 12:11 pm

I think the “anonomous” guy who posted on Mormon Hippocrates a few months ago was my “evil twin.” Sometimes he takes over my computer and “has his way” with it. Sometimes he makes valid points and other times he rants and raves. He seems to be a work in progress.

10. snarkey anonomous on September 12, 2006 at 12:16 pm

P.S. Snarkey: I have to admit, you do not seem very Snarkey.

Somedays I just dont like to be snarkey. Other days my snarkiness works overtime.

11. Tyler Johnson on September 13, 2006 at 6:14 am

Your evil twin, on the other hand, is Snarkey enough for the both of you.