I am happy to introduce Patrick Mason as our next guest blogger. Patrick just finished his PhD in History at Notre Dame and will be working here this year as a program coordinator in Peace Studies (while he gathers himself for another assault on the tenure-track market). Patrick’s dissertation deals with violence against religious outsiders in the post-bellum South, including a section on–who?–Mormons! He has recently been writing and teaching on images of Jesus in the broader American culture. Patrick has done a lot to help form a lively mini-culture of Mormon thought here at Notre Dame, teaching provocative Institute classes and staying up for late-night discussions on how Mormons should feel about, say, the latest political development. The creative titles of his scholarly writing (like, “Mobbed Martyrs or Lustful Louts?”) are a trace of the humanity he brings to it. Patrick is married to Melissa DeLeon. We’re looking forward to hearing from you, Patrick!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #3Messianicity & Historicity
- Cameron N.: Whatever it is, it must pass the ‘plainness’ test, required by the...
- Jack: Adam, could the BoM, as a text that catalogs the “messianic” experiences...
Notes From All Over
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
Welcome, Patrick Mason!
June 12, 2006 | 2 commentsBy Ben Huff