I am happy to introduce Patrick Mason as our next guest blogger. Patrick just finished his PhD in History at Notre Dame and will be working here this year as a program coordinator in Peace Studies (while he gathers himself for another assault on the tenure-track market). Patrick’s dissertation deals with violence against religious outsiders in the post-bellum South, including a section on–who?–Mormons! He has recently been writing and teaching on images of Jesus in the broader American culture. Patrick has done a lot to help form a lively mini-culture of Mormon thought here at Notre Dame, teaching provocative Institute classes and staying up for late-night discussions on how Mormons should feel about, say, the latest political development. The creative titles of his scholarly writing (like, “Mobbed Martyrs or Lustful Louts?”) are a trace of the humanity he brings to it. Patrick is married to Melissa DeLeon. We’re looking forward to hearing from you, Patrick!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Pray for the Cougars
- Mike: While the occasions have been few and far between, there’s no question that I...
- kenngo1969: Angie (#7): One last thought – I’m assuming you did not choose the education...
- Naismith: One of the impressive things about BYU football is how the team willingly share...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 December 2014 December 18, 2014
- Behind the Scenes at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert December 18, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
Welcome, Patrick Mason!
June 12, 2006 | 2 commentsBy Ben Huff