I am happy to introduce Patrick Mason as our next guest blogger. Patrick just finished his PhD in History at Notre Dame and will be working here this year as a program coordinator in Peace Studies (while he gathers himself for another assault on the tenure-track market). Patrick’s dissertation deals with violence against religious outsiders in the post-bellum South, including a section on–who?–Mormons! He has recently been writing and teaching on images of Jesus in the broader American culture. Patrick has done a lot to help form a lively mini-culture of Mormon thought here at Notre Dame, teaching provocative Institute classes and staying up for late-night discussions on how Mormons should feel about, say, the latest political development. The creative titles of his scholarly writing (like, “Mobbed Martyrs or Lustful Louts?”) are a trace of the humanity he brings to it. Patrick is married to Melissa DeLeon. We’re looking forward to hearing from you, Patrick!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the Bible
- mirrorrorrim: No need to convince me: I’m not a believer in the earth only being...
- Ben S.: “Reading it naturally” often means without context. I agree that...
- mirrorrorrim: Ben S., Joseph Fielding Smith had good reason: Doctrine and Covenants 77:6:...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015
Welcome, Patrick Mason!
June 12, 2006 | 2 commentsBy Ben Huff