I am happy to introduce Patrick Mason as our next guest blogger. Patrick just finished his PhD in History at Notre Dame and will be working here this year as a program coordinator in Peace Studies (while he gathers himself for another assault on the tenure-track market). Patrick’s dissertation deals with violence against religious outsiders in the post-bellum South, including a section on–who?–Mormons! He has recently been writing and teaching on images of Jesus in the broader American culture. Patrick has done a lot to help form a lively mini-culture of Mormon thought here at Notre Dame, teaching provocative Institute classes and staying up for late-night discussions on how Mormons should feel about, say, the latest political development. The creative titles of his scholarly writing (like, “Mobbed Martyrs or Lustful Louts?”) are a trace of the humanity he brings to it. Patrick is married to Melissa DeLeon. We’re looking forward to hearing from you, Patrick!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Package Deal
- Don: What exactly do we mean when we talk of “family” in eternity? In this...
- Alison Moore Smith: …a doctrine of eternal marriage all but required polygamy as a...
- whizzbang: @15-I live in a marginalized situation. I live in a small numerically wise...
Notes From All Over
- Open House Begins for the Trujillo Peru Temple May 5, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 May 2015 May 4, 2015
- Cedar City Utah Temple Groundbreaking in Late Summer May 4, 2015
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015
- Open House and Rededication Dates Announced for Montreal Quebec Temple April 30, 2015
- Church Approves Electronic Method to Submit Tithes and Other Charitable Donations April 29, 2015
Welcome, Patrick Mason!
June 12, 2006 | 2 commentsBy Ben Huff