I just finished reading Mormon Lives: A Year in the Elkton Ward and–wow–what an amazing book. It reminds me of Saints Well Seasoned: Musings on How Food Nourishes Us–Body Heart, and Soul. Not only were both books quirky little takes on Mormonism, but neither seems to be very well known. What LDS titles do you think deserve more attention than they are getting?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- Cameron N.: Ben S., from what I can tell, usually people stuff like Job/Jonah in one silo...
- Ben S.: That’s just the thing, thor. Before we believe it, we must figure out what...
- thor: “I never hear of a man being damned for believing too much; but they are...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Church Issues Update on Health of Leaders May 8, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015
April 1, 2006 | 9 commentsBy Julie M. Smith