I just finished reading Mormon Lives: A Year in the Elkton Ward and–wow–what an amazing book. It reminds me of Saints Well Seasoned: Musings on How Food Nourishes Us–Body Heart, and Soul. Not only were both books quirky little takes on Mormonism, but neither seems to be very well known. What LDS titles do you think deserve more attention than they are getting?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- Jonathan Cavender: Steve: “Also, nowhere in the scriptures or conference talks does...
- robert: Disobey when the command makes no sense. You are ultimately in control of yourself...
- Steve Smith: DQ, I’ve seen a lot of Pharisee-like behavior in the LDS church and...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
- Faith Online: In Your Own Words | 21 November 2014 November 21, 2014
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
April 1, 2006 | 9 commentsBy Julie M. Smith