I just finished reading Mormon Lives: A Year in the Elkton Ward and–wow–what an amazing book. It reminds me of Saints Well Seasoned: Musings on How Food Nourishes Us–Body Heart, and Soul. Not only were both books quirky little takes on Mormonism, but neither seems to be very well known. What LDS titles do you think deserve more attention than they are getting?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Owen: John L, in what fantasyland has the rule of law ever not been politicized?
- John Lundwall: Today, you can argue almost anything in court and win, or lose, based...
- Dave: Nate (#11), I’m aware of the statements about gay members being given full...
Notes From All Over
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
- Broadway Artist Joins Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day Concert July 18, 2015
April 1, 2006 | 9 commentsBy Julie M. Smith