A French commission set up by the French National Assembly has concluded that homosexual marriage, adoption by homosexual couples, and medically assisted procreation for homosexual couples should not be permitted by law because they undermine children’s rights. The commission visited Canada, Belgium, Spain, the Netherlands and UK, and heard testimony from 130 witnesses. The report concludes, “[The Commission] considered the consequences for the childâ€™s development and the construction of his or her identity of creating a fictitious filiation by law â€“ two fathers, or two mothers â€“ which is biologically neither real nor plausible. Diametrically opposed representations were made by the people heard on this point, and they failed to persuade a majority of the Mission to support recognizing a right to a child or a right to marriage, for same-sex couples. A majority of the Mission does not wish to question the fundamental principles of the law of filiation, which are based on the tripartite unit of â€˜a father, a mother, a childâ€™, citing the principle of caution. For that reason, that majority also, logically, chose to deny access to marriage to same-sex couples.â€?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- Cameron N.: If nothing else, I will be glad to hear him speak more. His talks are very...
- Wizard of Oz: Now we have a French Presiding Bishop.
- Joel: Wizard of Oz, “I sometimes wonder if all the public pressure on the Church during...
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
A French parliamentary commission says ixnay to marriagegay
February 23, 2006 | 50 commentsBy Matt Evans