Richard Bushman and Terryl Givens are leading a seminar this summer on “Mormon Thought, 1850 to 1920: Dealing with the Joseph Smith Legacy,” at BYU. Applications are due February 15th This is a great opportunity to work with two leading scholars of Mormonism and other students (advanced undergraduate and graduate) from a range of disciplines on a formative period of our history. Participants present a paper as part of a symposium at the conclusion of the seminar, and receive a $3,000 stipend. For more information, check out the PDF PDF description and application or the Summer Seminar page at FARMS, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A sad Sunday
- Brad L: No it wasn’t worth your time, Ojiisan. My advice is if you choose to respond...
- Ojiisan: Brad L: Probably not worth my time but I’ll give it one more shot . 1....
- Brad L: Uchtdorf is purporting to make a statement of fact rather than a statement of his...
- Michelle: (There is a comment in moderation that had several links to a free book on...
- Michelle: Can I also just share a thought about the question re: universal salvation? In...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015
Reminder: Summer Seminar on Joseph Smith
January 13, 2006 | no commentsBy Ben Huff