Richard Bushman and Terryl Givens are leading a seminar this summer on “Mormon Thought, 1850 to 1920: Dealing with the Joseph Smith Legacy,” at BYU. Applications are due February 15th This is a great opportunity to work with two leading scholars of Mormonism and other students (advanced undergraduate and graduate) from a range of disciplines on a formative period of our history. Participants present a paper as part of a symposium at the conclusion of the seminar, and receive a $3,000 stipend. For more information, check out the PDF PDF description and application or the Summer Seminar page at FARMS, or email email@example.com.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: You are not getting annoying, I assure you. However, I believe...
- Josh Smith: Johnathan: We’re getting somewhere. “When to disobey?” (#91)...
- Jonathan Cavender: Sue: I genuinely wish you the best. God loves you and you are his...
- Amy T: What wise comments from your son. So very sorry to hear about your cousin....
- Kylie Turley: I should let you know that my aunt has read this post. She has been finding...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | November 26 November 26, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 26 November 2014 November 26, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
Reminder: Summer Seminar on Joseph Smith
January 13, 2006 | no commentsBy Ben Huff