After a too-long hiatus, T&S is happy to announce that our guest-blogging machinery is slowly creaking back to life…. And we’re especially happy to announce that the first of (what we hope to be) several guest-bloggers familiar to our readers is Erica Merrell–better known to almost all as “Amira,” the thoughtful writer behind The Golden Road to Samarqand and the ringleader of the group blog Conversation. Erica currently lives in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, about as far away from a Mormon community of any size as you can possibly get; her husband is teaching law on a Fulbright there, and her adventures make for delightful reading (try this one, and this one), and sometimes heartbreaking reading too (see here and here). She has degrees in international reations, Near Eastern studies and Arabic, loves to read and learn about “anything international” and watch geysers erupt. Erica will be sharing her thoughts with us for the next couple weeks. Erica, welcome aboard!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Small Group Dynamics
- mirrorrorrim: That’s a good point, Silver Rain. Natural mothers do have intrinsic...
- SilverRain: “You say men are innately called to be coaches because women are...
- Frank McIntyre: ji, good point. Jesse, gender differences discussions aren’t really...
Notes From All Over
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
- Broadway Artist Joins Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day Concert July 18, 2015
- Church Launches Online Campaign to Recognize Pioneers Past and Present July 17, 2015
Return of the Guest-Bloggers: T&S Welcomes Erica (Amira) Merrell
November 17, 2005 | 11 commentsBy Russell Arben Fox