After a too-long hiatus, T&S is happy to announce that our guest-blogging machinery is slowly creaking back to life…. And we’re especially happy to announce that the first of (what we hope to be) several guest-bloggers familiar to our readers is Erica Merrell–better known to almost all as “Amira,” the thoughtful writer behind The Golden Road to Samarqand and the ringleader of the group blog Conversation. Erica currently lives in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, about as far away from a Mormon community of any size as you can possibly get; her husband is teaching law on a Fulbright there, and her adventures make for delightful reading (try this one, and this one), and sometimes heartbreaking reading too (see here and here). She has degrees in international reations, Near Eastern studies and Arabic, loves to read and learn about “anything international” and watch geysers erupt. Erica will be sharing her thoughts with us for the next couple weeks. Erica, welcome aboard!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- About Social Media
- ceejay: Have the leaders have ever wanted the silent majority to live up to that name? I...
- Cameron N.: I thought the talk was interesting, not because I don’t believe Elder...
- fbisti: I have a negative reaction to the overly-typical choice of words Elder Bednar (and...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014
Return of the Guest-Bloggers: T&S Welcomes Erica (Amira) Merrell
November 17, 2005 | 11 commentsBy Russell Arben Fox