Despite what you might think, BYU is not the whitest law school in the country — it is not even in the list of ten whitest schools. Professor Vernellia Randall of the University of Dayton has compiled a list ranking law schools according to their whiteness. The whitest law school in the nation, according to Professor Randall, is the University of Montana. The least white law school on the list is the University of Puerto Rico. Howard comes in close as well, but has slightly more than 5 percent white students. BYU comes in at number 40, which almost exactly matches its ranking (#35) in the U.S. New listing. Interestinly, it is less white than the University of Utah (#29) or the University of Idaho (#4), two other schools where one might expect large numbers of Mormons (although perhaps not at Idaho, which is in the Gentile panhandle of the state, rather than in the Mormon heartland of the southeast). I’ve no idea what significance, if any, these listings have, but given legal academia’s obsession with rankings of one kind or another, I thought it interesting.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Literary Joseph Fielding Smith #06: Testimony Meeting in New Guinea and Brown-Crusted Bread
- James Goldberg: Very cool.
- queuno: My daughter is a senior this year and in talking to other parents and friends, we...
- Jonathan Green: Queuno, maybe so, except it’s instructive to see where people will...
- Mark B.: So too are the citizens of Santaquin. It’s a small town, but there are...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014
The Whitest Law School
September 16, 2005 | 46 commentsBy Nate Oman