What are the root causes of terrorism? Poverty (problem: most terrorists seem to come from middle class or upper middle class Middle Eastern families). U.S. hegemony (at least in part). Embarrassment and rage at the decline of Islamic civilization (almost certainly). Another recent candidate has emerged: Chastity. (more…)
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Announcing Auto-Pray!Privilege and the Family
- SilverRain: Your #43 makes me regret responding. If you’re going to bring in...
- SilverRain: That’s just it: even under your scenario SSM is a legitimization of a...
- stephenchardy: Was it important to sit at the lunch counter in the 60s? Was it for the...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 31 March 2015 March 31, 2015
- Church Leaders Focus on Family and Service at General Women's Session March 28, 2015
- Church Shares 'Because He Lives' Easter Initiative March 27, 2015
- In a Game of Total Victory We All Lose March 27, 2015
- Two Faiths Find Common Ground at Vancouver, Washington Easter Concert March 27, 2015
- In Post-Storm Vanuatu, Mormons Quick to Rebuild March 27, 2015
From the Archives: Chastity and Terrorism
September 20, 2005 | one commentBy Nate Oman