Welcome, Best of the Webbers

March 3, 2005 | 10 comments

If you’re following Best of the Web’s link to the baptismal kerfuffle, welcome to the Bloggernacle (the Mormon blogosphere)! Stay as long as you want. Even if you’re a haughty, French-looking individual who served in Vietnam.

You want more and better baptismal kerfuffles? We got ‘em.

You want to know about Mormon Jello Angst? This is the place.

You want to say we’re not Christian? Oh, yeah? Come on over here and say that. That’s right, buddy, I’m talking to you. :)

Enjoy.

10 Responses to Welcome, Best of the Webbers

1. john fowles on March 3, 2005 at 6:13 pm

I don’t know if this is an inside joke pointed at a specific individual or not, but it seems like a bit of a reckless statement. If Ed Enochs sees this, he will have ammo in his discrimination claim, alleging that you invite others to say we’re not Christian here but then shut him down for his long, plagiarized attempts to do just that.

2. A. Greenwood on March 3, 2005 at 6:16 pm

Follow the link, John. Then step outside your office to get a taste of spring. Breathe deep and dream of daisies. Put lawyering behind you for a little while.

3. danithew on March 3, 2005 at 6:44 pm

Adam Greenwood, do I detect a Bloom County fan in you? Or is it just my imagination?

4. A. Greenwood on March 3, 2005 at 6:51 pm

Uh, a long time ago. Daisies, something about the daisies?

5. Davis Bell on March 3, 2005 at 7:35 pm

How’d they find T&S? That’s awesome.

6. Ivan Wolfe on March 3, 2005 at 7:52 pm

Bloom County? I thought Opus was obsessed with Dandelions, not Daisies.

7. danithew on March 3, 2005 at 8:14 pm

Yup … I think it was called taking “a dandelion break” on that strip. When the world got too crazy, overwhelming, depressing, etc. … the characters of Bloom County might hit the meadow for the “dandelion break.” Adam’s comment reminded me of that. Man I loved that cartoon back in the day.

8. danithew on March 3, 2005 at 8:16 pm

Here’s a link to one of the “dandelion break” cartoons:

9. Eric Russell on March 3, 2005 at 9:47 pm

Davis,
    If you do a google search for “no to baptism” which is the misquote the writer was talking about, Times and Seasons is the first hit.

10. Geoff Johnston on March 4, 2005 at 12:16 am

Nice sleuthing Eric Russel. Google strikes again!