I’m happy to announce that Naomi Frandsen will be joining Times & Seasons during the next two weeks as our newest guest blogger. Naomi is currently a graduate student in English at Georgetown University, where she works on her thesis in the many spare hours between managing mentoring and tutoring programs, playing harp gigs, volunteering at the temple, taking excursions around the Atlantic seaboard, organizing visiting teaching in her ward, making perilous bicycle journeys to and from campus, and sending love poems by email to her friends and family. Naomi served a mission in Romania from 2000-2001, and later returned to conduct original research on Romanian poets and poetry. She graduated from BYU in English in 2003 , where she wrote her honors thesis on the Women’s Exponent, spoke at the College of Humanities convocation, and won too many personal essay competitions to mention with modesty. Naomi is a gifted and dedicated teacher, and a talented maker of family culture: Naomi is responsible for many of our sweetest family traditions and memories, my personal favorite being the Christmas haiku she composed for each of us two years ago. She’s also my long-suffering (and indefatiguably supportive) sister. Welcome, Naomi!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- We Are Made to Suffer
- DQ: Suffering is horrible and we probably don’t want to sing it’s praises....
- Nate: Nathaniel, i think you are wanting to say it is better to have lived and have lost...
- Nathaniel Givens: RH- I’m truly sorry for your loss. I don’t pretend that I...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014
Introducing Guest Blogger Naomi Frandsen
March 8, 2005 | 10 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch