I’m happy to announce that Naomi Frandsen will be joining Times & Seasons during the next two weeks as our newest guest blogger. Naomi is currently a graduate student in English at Georgetown University, where she works on her thesis in the many spare hours between managing mentoring and tutoring programs, playing harp gigs, volunteering at the temple, taking excursions around the Atlantic seaboard, organizing visiting teaching in her ward, making perilous bicycle journeys to and from campus, and sending love poems by email to her friends and family. Naomi served a mission in Romania from 2000-2001, and later returned to conduct original research on Romanian poets and poetry. She graduated from BYU in English in 2003 , where she wrote her honors thesis on the Women’s Exponent, spoke at the College of Humanities convocation, and won too many personal essay competitions to mention with modesty. Naomi is a gifted and dedicated teacher, and a talented maker of family culture: Naomi is responsible for many of our sweetest family traditions and memories, my personal favorite being the Christmas haiku she composed for each of us two years ago. She’s also my long-suffering (and indefatiguably supportive) sister. Welcome, Naomi!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Petra: Julie, you are brilliant and these posts are gems. I just bought your book and...
- Amanda: I love the image of the singles bar/dance. That had never occured to me before!
- Terry H: BTW Interview with Julie on Thursday Jan 29 at 9:00 Mountain Time. Its a call-in,...
- Julie M. Smith: Sara, try here: http://timesandseasons.org/ind ex.php/author/jim-f/
- Sara: Julie- thank you so much for your thoughts- I am always looking for great insight...
Notes From All Over
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
Introducing Guest Blogger Naomi Frandsen
March 8, 2005 | 10 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch