I’m happy to announce that Naomi Frandsen will be joining Times & Seasons during the next two weeks as our newest guest blogger. Naomi is currently a graduate student in English at Georgetown University, where she works on her thesis in the many spare hours between managing mentoring and tutoring programs, playing harp gigs, volunteering at the temple, taking excursions around the Atlantic seaboard, organizing visiting teaching in her ward, making perilous bicycle journeys to and from campus, and sending love poems by email to her friends and family. Naomi served a mission in Romania from 2000-2001, and later returned to conduct original research on Romanian poets and poetry. She graduated from BYU in English in 2003 , where she wrote her honors thesis on the Women’s Exponent, spoke at the College of Humanities convocation, and won too many personal essay competitions to mention with modesty. Naomi is a gifted and dedicated teacher, and a talented maker of family culture: Naomi is responsible for many of our sweetest family traditions and memories, my personal favorite being the Christmas haiku she composed for each of us two years ago. She’s also my long-suffering (and indefatiguably supportive) sister. Welcome, Naomi!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- Bjørn: The issue relating to greater cultural diversity (and thereby greater cultural...
- whizzbang: Apostles come from all shapes and sizes, some are very well educated and some...
- mirrorrorrim: I have a couple of thoughts about this. First, I think most people are...
- WalkerW: “Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden “to dress it and to keep it”...
- Mike: Six days shalt thou labor… I suggest that half or even most of Sabbath...
Notes From All Over
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
Introducing Guest Blogger Naomi Frandsen
March 8, 2005 | 10 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch