Thank you, Bryce Inouye.

November 1, 2004 | 18 comments

Bryce Inouye’s two weeks have come to an end. I think we can all look back on these two weeks as two weeks in Paradise, two weeks in a golden dream. ‘Et ego en Arcadia’ we can now say as we remember through misty eyes those posts! Those comments! Every pixel was precious.

Oh sure, Bryce Inouye tried to expose our behinds-the-scenes machinations, but that post has sunk into unlinked obscurity. We can forgive and forget; we are not unmagnanimous. And what pearl was ever without a grain of sand?

How can we give expression to our sorrow? How? Everyone come together (hold hands) and wail with me this dirge in the key of E:

Our happiness now fades to black,
Bryce is gone whilst persiflage is back.

18 Responses to Thank you, Bryce Inouye.

1. Times and Seasons » Thanks, Danithew on November 10, 2004 at 11:18 pm

[...] him on board for two weeks.Wump Blog (which is undergoing rennovation). If I were Adam, I would have a poem here to formally say goodbye. But then again, if I were Adam, my wife would [...]

2. cooper on November 1, 2004 at 12:38 pm

Thank you Bryce for takin gyour time to post. It was good to read a new “voice”.

3. Bill on November 1, 2004 at 12:38 pm

That must be E in the phrygian mode

4. danithew on November 1, 2004 at 12:50 pm

Off with his head! :)

Thanks Bryce for your posts. I enjoyed reading them.

Has anyone figured out what actor could be used to portray Bryce? :)

5. Adam Greenwood on November 1, 2004 at 12:53 pm

Thanks, Bryce. On with your head.

6. Amira on November 1, 2004 at 1:08 pm

I’ve enjoyed your posts Bryce. Thanks!

7. danithew on November 1, 2004 at 1:16 pm

By the way, I think I saw an earlier comment by the one and only true living Nathan suggesting that Bryce would be a great addition to the permanent T&S posting staff. I second that motion. And like TOAOTALN I am completely objective and unbiased in my views on this matter. And I also know that T&S is a democracy where my point of view really does matter.

And let me point someone else out to you for special attention. Jeff Anderson hasn’t commented all that much (he lurks and lurks and then he pounces) but if you’re looking for a medical doctor (pediatrician) to join up with the lawyers, he could be your man. Bryce knows him or knows of him (they at least attend the same ward) and I can witness for him as well since he used to live in my apartment complex years ago.

The only warning I have about Jeff A. is that one time some years ago he sponsored a right-wing political meeting in his home. And there were children there! Shocking, I tell you.

8. Gordon Smith on November 1, 2004 at 2:46 pm

Thanks, Bruce. I very much enjoyed reading your posts, even though I haven’t had much time for comments lately.

9. Greg Call on November 1, 2004 at 3:05 pm

Ditto what Gordon said. Thanks Bryce.

10. a random John on November 1, 2004 at 3:14 pm

Bryce,
    If having you as a blogger here means that the Yankees lose then they should keep you on by all means! :)

11. Adam Greenwood on November 1, 2004 at 3:17 pm

As long as they didn’t eat the children . . .

12. Kaimi on November 1, 2004 at 3:20 pm

Besides having interesting posts, Bryce has been great to have here as a technical person. I can’t thank him enough for taking some of that burden.

13. Adam Greenwood on November 1, 2004 at 3:36 pm

By the way, that Homeschooling thread was awesome.

14. The Only True and Living Nathan on November 1, 2004 at 6:05 pm

I think this has gone beyond the democratic process. Bryce needs to be forcibly detained and coerced into continuing.

15. Jeff A on November 1, 2004 at 6:51 pm

Although there is a fairly funny story behind this involving both the Anderson and Bartholemew households I will only say that some of us learned later than others where our true feelings lie. Thank goodness for repentance!

16. danithew on November 1, 2004 at 7:01 pm

LOL Jeff. I’m still at least somewhat conservative and a registered Republican, though I ponder changing that status occasionally. I just get annoyed at meetings where everyone is so happy to agree with each other on everything — which was no fault of yours. Truthfully, I admire your civic-mindedness and personal involvement in the political process.

But I’ve learned better than to go to political conventions or meetings where everyone is of one-stripe. I’m the kind of person who is always hoping a good argument will break out. Which might explain why I kind of hang out at T&S so much.

Where’s that Steve Evans fella anyways … :)

17. Bryce I on November 1, 2004 at 9:32 pm

I’ve been sick in bed all day, so I’m just catching up now.

I want to thank the good folks at Times and Seasons for their gracious hospitality. I’ve enjoyed all of the interesting discussions here, and appreciate everyone’s patience with me as I work out some of my own thoughts online.

As for the technical stuff, always glad to lend a hand Kaimi. You’ve done a great job here. Let me know if I can be of help.

Adam, I’m glad you enjoyed the homeschooling thread. It was a nice place for me to organize my thinking on the subject. My one regret is that I didn’t generate enough discussion to displace “Zelph Examined” on the most popular entries list. Also, don’t forget that I now have the power to destroy Times and Seasons with the stroke of a key (or at least to make all of your posts show up with the screen name “Mr. Poopy Pants”).

Jeff A. — Glad to have a fellow Durham 1st Ward member here. I guess I’ll have to be careful about what stories I tell (did I mention what the Nursery music leader did the other day? Scandalous!)

Danithew and TOTAL Nathan– I’ll pay you in the usual manner — unmarked tens and twenties.

18. Anonymous on December 22, 2004 at 2:40 am