Something’s Coming…

November 12, 2004 | 24 comments

In one week, on November 19th, Times and Seasons will turn one year old. As part of our anniversary celebration…expect something big. Something huge! Something MASSIVE!! Well, big, anyway. Stay tuned.

Regarding the rampant rumors that our esteemed competition’s recent moves to reshape their brand are a panicked response to this blog’s purchase of their URL with the intention of constructing a state-of-the-art, family-friendly, well-funded “Times and Seasons Appreciation/Fan Club” site, the T&S management has no comment at this time.

24 Responses to Something’s Coming…

1. Times and Seasons » Remembering the Blog on November 16, 2004 at 6:23 am

[…] by Adam Greenwood

Blogs have archives but no memory. Perhaps our Very Special Anniversary Announcement will be special enough to change even that. B […]

2. Times and Seasons » Twice Remembering the Blog on November 17, 2004 at 5:37 pm

[…] to fight the forgetfulness of a blog by resurrecting a couple of old posts in time for the anniversary. In this April post, I admit that social pressures against sinful behavior are pa […]

3. danithew on November 12, 2004 at 9:11 am

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST YEAR!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

[Since I congratulated Julie Smith on the birth of her baby before it happened, I thought I’d better continue to follow that foolish and misguided tradition. That’s just the way my logic works these days.]

4. Steve Evans on November 12, 2004 at 9:49 am

Actually, we’re planning at BCC to find some sort of electronic monkey to fling his feces over here.

Something MASSIVE, eh? T-shirts? Collector’s edition comment posts? Awards for wittiest banter?

5. D. Fletcher on November 12, 2004 at 9:58 am

….If I can WAAIIIITT….

6. Kim Siever on November 12, 2004 at 11:22 am

You mean Our Thoughts is older than Tiems and Seasons?

7. Wayne Wells on November 12, 2004 at 11:36 am

The cat’s out of the bag!!! MoTab will be featured in a live webcast!!!

8. Frank McIntyre on November 12, 2004 at 11:56 am

Free skittles and fussball in the T&S snack room?

9. D. Fletcher on November 12, 2004 at 12:39 pm

Is that how it’s spelled? I always thought it was foosball.

10. William Morris on November 12, 2004 at 1:36 pm

D.

No — this is ‘fussball’ — a game inspired the letters to the Dialy Universe. The winner of the game is the one who can make the most fuss about the most banal or insipid topic while at the same time juggling a Quad, a copy of the Miracle of Forgiveness and a pyrex dish full of Jello.

I’m not sure why the ‘ball’ suffix is involved except that all cool sports have ‘ball’ on the end.

11. D. Fletcher on November 12, 2004 at 1:40 pm

OIC, William, LOL

12. William Morris on November 12, 2004 at 1:48 pm

Thanks.

and yes, I know it’s “Daily” and “‘ball’ isn’t an actually a suffix, but you have to do the comedy quick on T&S — it doesn’t work so well if 10 other comments have appeared before you finish writing your bit.

13. Bryce I on November 12, 2004 at 2:47 pm

Uh, guys, I already let the cat out of the bag in this amazing post. Clearly, when Russell says “something’s coming,” he means the spaceship with highly evolved alien life forms of Nate Oman’s kind.

Get your tin foil hats out, folks.

14. Bryce I on November 12, 2004 at 2:48 pm

And I see that I’m the second person on this relatively short thread to use the hackneyed phrase “the cat’s out of the bag.” Sigh.

15. William Morris on November 12, 2004 at 2:59 pm

The cat’s out of the bag is another interesting Mormon-themed game that can be traced to some of the experiments with the United Order, but I’ll leave the details up to your imagination since I’m sure they’ll be much more entertaining that way (yes, I’ve been monitoring all you sickos who’ve been posting in the IC thread).

16. Aaron Brown on November 12, 2004 at 4:05 pm

The surprise is that one of the frequent commenters (me) actually works for the Strengthening Church Members Committee, and I’ve been evaluating the orthodoxy of each of you over the past year. I will be sending out official reprimands through your respective Stake Presidents and having them pull temple recommends where appropriate.

Please note that any and all ecclesiastical sanction will be, of course, a local decision.

Sorry, Russell. I just couldn’t keep the secret any longer!

Aaron B

17. Adam Greenwood on November 12, 2004 at 5:18 pm

Aaron Brown,
    Could you have them push my recommend instead?
    Thanks.

18. Aaron Brown on November 12, 2004 at 6:48 pm

Sorry, Adam. The best I can do is issue you one of our new, top secret “unexpiring� recommends, complete with three “Get out of WofW for 24 hours� cards, and a one-time, one-year “Tithing Reprieve,� to be used at your discretion. Given your unfailing orthodoxy, you’ve had these coming, no doubt about it.

The rumor mill here at the C.O.B. has it you were actually being considered for the Apostle-ship, and you were neck-n-neck with Bednar there for a while. Alas, your refusal to sufficiently apologize to Steve E. for your many written gaffes was unforgivable, so Bednar edged you out in the end. Sorry.

Aaron B

19. Adam Greenwood on November 12, 2004 at 6:50 pm

I knew it was Steve E.’s fault, somehow. I’ll pursue him to the ends of the earth!

20. Steve.Evans on November 13, 2004 at 12:57 am

Curse you Greenwood! From Hell’s heart I stab at thee…

21. Jack on November 13, 2004 at 1:58 am

….If I can WAAIIIITT….

I don’t know what it is

But it is

Gonna be great!

22. Adam Greenwood on November 13, 2004 at 2:37 am

I need a bandaid.

23. Keith on November 19, 2004 at 4:56 am

Ah, so it’s the addition of Wilfried, Ben, Frank, Melissa, and Rosalynde. This is a major coup. Absolutely brilliant.

24. gambling on January 9, 2005 at 3:04 pm

Great website, it was actually quite real helpful.