The relatively new LDS blog Nine Moons continues to roll, as Amy discusses the ethical and spiritual issues with Mormons who accept the financial benefits of government “loopholes.” She suggests that this behavior may be particularly common among church members. (I won’t way that she’s wrong). It’s a very interesting question: Is it honest to strain to take advantage of legal loopholes that allow one to save taxes or receive benefits, even if such practices are legally acceptable?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Saul CallingsReading Nephi – 1:18-20Reading the Book of Mormon for the First Time AgainThe Sabbath Day: Its Meaning and Observance
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
Mormons and Government Benefits — Bloggernacle discussion
October 1, 2004 | 20 commentsBy Kaimi Wenger