The relatively new LDS blog Nine Moons continues to roll, as Amy discusses the ethical and spiritual issues with Mormons who accept the financial benefits of government “loopholes.” She suggests that this behavior may be particularly common among church members. (I won’t way that she’s wrong). It’s a very interesting question: Is it honest to strain to take advantage of legal loopholes that allow one to save taxes or receive benefits, even if such practices are legally acceptable?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Why Equality is a Feeling
- sba: Moderators?
- Mrs Karina: MY TESTIMONY Hello dear friends My name is Karina Vilva . I want to use this...
- DQ: I can’t imagine the level of grief many are feeling, and will continue to feel....
- Craig H.: Very nice Walter, especially about the no speaking….
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 15 July 2014 July 15, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: A Look at Members, Missionaries and Temples in Peru July 14, 2014
Mormons and Government Benefits — Bloggernacle discussion
October 1, 2004 | 20 commentsBy Kaimi Wenger