The relatively new LDS blog Nine Moons continues to roll, as Amy discusses the ethical and spiritual issues with Mormons who accept the financial benefits of government “loopholes.” She suggests that this behavior may be particularly common among church members. (I won’t way that she’s wrong). It’s a very interesting question: Is it honest to strain to take advantage of legal loopholes that allow one to save taxes or receive benefits, even if such practices are legally acceptable?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Mormon in the Disenchanted ForestThe Only True and Living Opinion
- Adam G.: That was a pretty thoughtful take. I don’t know if it adds up to any...
- christiankimball: Notwithstanding #4, I want to acknowledge that this all is a valuable...
- Bell of Peace: This article kindles my inner darkness. Thanks a lot. www.bellofpeace.org
Notes From All Over
- New Mormon Institute of Religion Building Dedicated on Arizona Campus April 20, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites April 20, 2015 April 20, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
Mormons and Government Benefits — Bloggernacle discussion
October 1, 2004 | 20 commentsBy Kaimi Wenger