The relatively new LDS blog Nine Moons continues to roll, as Amy discusses the ethical and spiritual issues with Mormons who accept the financial benefits of government “loopholes.” She suggests that this behavior may be particularly common among church members. (I won’t way that she’s wrong). It’s a very interesting question: Is it honest to strain to take advantage of legal loopholes that allow one to save taxes or receive benefits, even if such practices are legally acceptable?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Most Important Question about the Future of MormonismYW Lesson: How Do I Prepare Now to Become a Righteous Wife and Mother?Church Sticks with Boys
- Jax: This was my Facebook post about this topic… The first paragraph is actual...
- d: To Segullah #1, George S #4, Suleyman #16, and Kif #21, The YW in my ward have a fund...
Notes From All Over
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
Mormons and Government Benefits — Bloggernacle discussion
October 1, 2004 | 20 commentsBy Kaimi Wenger