Bloggernacle Notes, October 8, 2004

October 8, 2004 | 11 comments

A few goings-on in the bloggernacle of late: I just found two new Mormon blogs (via Grasshopper, the creator of the bloggernacle). One is Outer Boroughs, written by a bishop in Brooklyn. (Side note: There are sure a lot of New York bloggernackers. There’s me (Bronx), Logan (Bronx), Nine Moons (Brooklyn), BCC (mostly Manhattan), Celibate (Manhattan), and a number of our guests (Greg Allen, the Bushmans). Plus a number of commenters.) The second is By Study and Also by Faith. We’ve also added a journal blog to the sidebar — it’s a journal run by a sister named Kacy F., who is said to have friends in high places.

And they’re not new blogs, but new looks — Arwyn and Bob-and-Logan have both recently adopted snazzy new templates.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to Bloggernacle Notes, October 8, 2004

1. Adam Greenwood on October 8, 2004 at 4:58 pm

Isn’t there anything to do in New York?

2. Frank McIntyre on October 8, 2004 at 4:59 pm

Kaimi,

I just found one, maybe you can slip it into your next roundup. At scriptures.byu.edu all scriptures are indexed to their references in the last 60-70 years of general conference.

3. Frank McIntyre on October 8, 2004 at 5:01 pm

The link above does not work because of a typo, but this one should.

4. D. Fletcher on October 8, 2004 at 5:24 pm

Bishop Chris Williams is my nephew-in-law.

Whoops! Maybe he doesn’t want you all to know.

5. JL on October 8, 2004 at 6:16 pm

Minor correction: The Celibate recently moved herself to Brooklyn because the manhattan “ghetto” got too pricey.

She doesn’t understand Brooklyn though, the streets curve and have names and the trains have weird letters and people have yards. In fact, *she* has a yard that frightens her because there are big leafy green things everywhere. But the rats that live in the yard make it a little homier.

6. danithew on October 8, 2004 at 6:26 pm

Stop making me miss New York, punks. If I’m lucky my wife will match for a residency program over there and I’ll be joining ya’ll over there (next year).

7. Ian R on October 8, 2004 at 7:27 pm

You also added a law and politics journal recentle, called Probative.

Please forgive the self plug.

8. Bryce I on October 8, 2004 at 8:27 pm

It’s not a plug without a link.

9. Mark Simmons on October 8, 2004 at 8:52 pm

Kaimi,

On this topic, I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on today’s Wall Street Journal editorial about the Church’s presence in the northeast. See Naomi Schaefer Riley’s post here: http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110005734.

10. Chris Williams on October 8, 2004 at 8:54 pm

D, I’m glad you aren’t embarrassed that we’re family… ;)

11. Ian R on October 8, 2004 at 11:23 pm

Bryce,

My name was hyperlinked. I thought that would be less self-promoting than spelling out http://www.probative.blogspot.com. ;)