Here is a very simple question on which I have no priors: is there a difference between withdrawing from the Spirit and having the Spirit withdrawn? On the former, see Mosiah 2:36. On the latter, see Helaman 13:8. I can visualize us withdrawing from God, but I have a harder time visualizing the circumstances under which God withdraws from us.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Small Group Dynamics
- mirrorrorrim: Thanks for the friendly discussion, Jax—I appreciate it, too. I agree that,...
- ABM: SilverRain, I would like to hear some examples of what you mean.
- Jesse Stricklan: Jax and mirror, I’m pleased to read such honesty. It gets at the...
Notes From All Over
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
- Broadway Artist Joins Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day Concert July 18, 2015
- Church Launches Online Campaign to Recognize Pioneers Past and Present July 17, 2015
Withdrawal of the Spirit
September 19, 2004 | 6 commentsBy Gordon Smith