My Thought on Nate’s “Colossal Ignorance”

July 27, 2004 | 11 comments

I might as well go stick a knife in the toaster now!

: )

11 Responses to My Thought on Nate’s “Colossal Ignorance”

1. Kaimi on July 27, 2004 at 11:11 am

Agreed. Nate complaining about ignorance is sort of like Nephi complaining about his iniquities. (http://scriptures.lds.org/2_ne/4/17#17 .)

That kind of display of humulity inspires a few distinct reactions in me. First, respect for the humility of the speaker. Second, suspicion that the speaker is being falsely humble. And third, an impulse to either strangle the speaker, or stick a knife in a toaster. Or both.

2. Frank McIntyre on July 27, 2004 at 11:26 am

Kaimi,

So you stick the knife in the toaster while you strangle Nate? Is the idea that the electric shock from the toaster will keep him paralyzed long enough to strangle him. Because you’ll only have one hand to do it (with the other in the toaster) so it may take a while.

3. diogenes on July 27, 2004 at 11:52 am

Keep it simple. Stick Nate in the toaster.

4. danithew on July 27, 2004 at 12:59 pm

I’m willing to take Nate at his word but some of these comments have reminded me of the famous Golda Meir quote:

“Don’t be so humble. You’re not that great!”

5. D. Fletcher on July 27, 2004 at 1:09 pm

Toasted Nate with blackberry jam. Mmmm…

6. heather oman on July 27, 2004 at 3:55 pm

Danithew–

Be nice. Only I, as his wife, am allowed to make fun of Nate.

7. Jack on July 27, 2004 at 4:16 pm

I thought danithew was being serious. (Grinch’s grin)

8. Jim F. on July 27, 2004 at 4:22 pm

Heather, I’m glad that Janice doesn’t read T&S. I’d rather be made fun of by these bloggers and respondents than by her. Them I can ignore.

9. danithew on July 27, 2004 at 5:56 pm

I hope people know I wasn’t commenting on Nate’s character at all. I just liked that quote and Kaimi’s first comment (up there at the top) reminded me of it. I’m much too sensitive to be hurting anyone’s feelings with brash and abrasive comments.

Golda Meir sure was ugly though.

10. [...] is not mediocre. Not being mediocre is no guarantee of blogging success. Everyone–some of the most surprising people–feel mediocre at times. On the other hand, it also must [...]

11. [...] ever is not mediocre. Not being mediocre is no guarantee of blogging success. Everyone–some of the most surprising people–feel mediocre at times. On the other hand, it also must be [...]