Apparently, there was a globally broadcast pow-wow of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society yesterday, during which Elder Boyd K. Packer spoke, condemning the wickedness of the world, quoting Robert Bork on the usual subjects, and calling upon LDS lawyers to work to stem or slow the tide of evil all around us–not just for the sake of the church, but also on behalf of “ordinary people who need your professional protection.” Surely at least one or two of the dozens (hundreds?) of LDS lawyers who visit, comment or blog here heard Elder Packer’s remarks. Any comments? The Deseret News article mentions a list of 21 specific vices which Elder Packer checked off one by one; I’d be interested to know what they are.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Mormon Weakness
- Carrie: Adam- your choice isn’t weak, but only an individual can decide how to...
- robert: I think there is something bigger than ourselves … just not this … 14...
- theoldadam: Paul was strong…as Saul, the Pharisee. Strong. Self-confident in what he was...
- Portlander: Dear Julie, I grew up in the era when the Patriarchal oder in the home was...
- Portlander: Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon (Another Testament of Jesus...
Notes From All Over
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
Lawyers on the Front Line
February 29, 2004 | 12 commentsBy Russell Arben Fox