We are pleased to welcome Claudia Bushman as our newest guest blogger. Dr. Bushman is a historian by training and has taught at Columbia University for many years. Her books include How America Discovered Columbus, In Old Virginia: Slavery, Farming, and Society in the Journal of John Walker, Mormon Sisters: Women of Early Utah, A Good Poor Man’s Wife, Mormon Domestic Life in the 1870s: Pandemonium or Acadia, Mormons in America (with Richard Bushman), Building the Kingdom: A History of Mormons in America (with Richard Bushman), and many others. She is one of the founders of Exponent II, a Boston-based magazine focusing on Mormonism and women’s issues. In addition, historian Richard Bushman has the distinction of being married to Professor Bushman.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Life as a Mama DragonThe random thoughts and perspectives of a 17-year-old kid about the Sat. Morning Gen Conf session
- Kajabada: As a mother of teenagers, this was delightful to read on so many levels –...
- Matt W.: Great job 17 year old.
- Brian Rostron: Yes, diversity of opinion is troublesome.
- Kylie Turley: Thanks for commenting. The 9-year-old is thrilled that you are reading this!
- Matt W.: hey 9 year old, great notes.
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015
Claudia Bushman: Historian, Scholar, Blogger
January 8, 2004 | 8 commentsBy Nate Oman