We are pleased to welcome Claudia Bushman as our newest guest blogger. Dr. Bushman is a historian by training and has taught at Columbia University for many years. Her books include How America Discovered Columbus, In Old Virginia: Slavery, Farming, and Society in the Journal of John Walker, Mormon Sisters: Women of Early Utah, A Good Poor Man’s Wife, Mormon Domestic Life in the 1870s: Pandemonium or Acadia, Mormons in America (with Richard Bushman), Building the Kingdom: A History of Mormons in America (with Richard Bushman), and many others. She is one of the founders of Exponent II, a Boston-based magazine focusing on Mormonism and women’s issues. In addition, historian Richard Bushman has the distinction of being married to Professor Bushman.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- I was a stranger, and ye took me in
- Jax: Again, wreddyornot, I have no problem with the compassion/charity taking place. I...
- wreddyornot: Jax, thanks for sharing your mission experience and essentially making the...
- Jax: Brian, Your asking for a personal experience that relates to an...
- Ryan: Sorry for the Typos. Here is an example of a LDS centric scholarship at the UofU...
- rl: I’m not sure the Church wants to totally replace effective US systems that...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 1 August August 1, 2014
- Missionaries Serving in Two African Nations are Re-Assigned August 1, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
Claudia Bushman: Historian, Scholar, Blogger
January 8, 2004 | 8 commentsBy Nate Oman