The case the Gordon found below reminds me of a woman in my previous ward. At her baptism, she slipped and fell. She subsequently sued the church for negligence and the church settled. As I understand it, she was bullied into suing the church by her then husband. No disciplinary action of any kind was taken against her, but I wonder if as a general matter suing the church can have any effect on a member’s standing. Anyone have access to the General Handbook of Instructions?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- She Shall Be An Ensign
- Cameron N.: Hmm, I need to remember this in two fridays. Thanks Julie.
- Cat: Just to make sure I don’t seem like a doom and gloomer, I did just finish...
- Cat: I love this idea. I hope it will become main stream and that Ardis’ work pays...
Notes From All Over
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
Suing the Church
November 20, 2003 | no commentsBy Nate Oman