The case the Gordon found below reminds me of a woman in my previous ward. At her baptism, she slipped and fell. She subsequently sued the church for negligence and the church settled. As I understand it, she was bullied into suing the church by her then husband. No disciplinary action of any kind was taken against her, but I wonder if as a general matter suing the church can have any effect on a member’s standing. Anyone have access to the General Handbook of Instructions?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- 4 o’clock
- Kylie: Thank you. I appreciate you reading and responding.
- CAS: This was beautiful. Thank you!
- Blinker: Awesome post.
- hope_for_things: This is excellently written, thank you Adam, this expresses in much more...
- gst: “Yeah, the Bible says a lot of stuff.” –Reverend Lovejoy.
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014
Suing the Church
November 20, 2003 | no commentsBy Nate Oman