The case the Gordon found below reminds me of a woman in my previous ward. At her baptism, she slipped and fell. She subsequently sued the church for negligence and the church settled. As I understand it, she was bullied into suing the church by her then husband. No disciplinary action of any kind was taken against her, but I wonder if as a general matter suing the church can have any effect on a member’s standing. Anyone have access to the General Handbook of Instructions?
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Next Generation’s Faith Crisis
- g.wesley: outstanding points julie. it does seem that even as we are finally and...
- Martin James: KLC is on the right track to me. Nobody under 30 that I know cares at all...
- Ben S: “Inoculation comes by one’s own wrestling through which one’s immune system...
Notes From All Over
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
Suing the Church
November 20, 2003 | no commentsBy Nate Oman