Just returned from the Turkey Bowl: Young Men v. Elder’s Quorum. Fortunately, we had a missionary on our team who had played for Dixie JC prior to his mission. But the star of the show was … my wife!!! She was the only woman in the game, and once the game was through, the other team was accusing us of bringing a ringer. She batted down several passes and snagged one of only three interceptions in the game. Favorite play: Elders have the ball on YM’s one yard line. Yours truly is playing center. I hike the ball to our JC star, who feeds it back to me for a center sneak. Touchdown! The game ended in an tie after our JC player received a stitches-worthy cut over his eye. Other than my sore back, that was the only injury on the day. Now, on to the turkey!!!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Metaphor & a PleaNew Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #13The Only True and Living Opinion
- rogerdhansen: It would be my feeling that most LDS sisters would feel that greater female...
- rah: “Traditionalists are at a disadvantage..neutral ground…when we think one...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Open House Tickets for Payson Utah Temple Now Available April 13, 2015
- Religious Freedom and Fairness for All April 13, 2015
- "Because He Lives" Initiative Spreads Easter Message to Millions April 8, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 6 April 2015 April 6, 2015
November 27, 2003 | no commentsBy Gordon Smith