Just returned from the Turkey Bowl: Young Men v. Elder’s Quorum. Fortunately, we had a missionary on our team who had played for Dixie JC prior to his mission. But the star of the show was … my wife!!! She was the only woman in the game, and once the game was through, the other team was accusing us of bringing a ringer. She batted down several passes and snagged one of only three interceptions in the game. Favorite play: Elders have the ball on YM’s one yard line. Yours truly is playing center. I hike the ball to our JC star, who feeds it back to me for a center sneak. Touchdown! The game ended in an tie after our JC player received a stitches-worthy cut over his eye. Other than my sore back, that was the only injury on the day. Now, on to the turkey!!!
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Clark Goble: Michael I’d agree with you had there not be nearly 200 years of...
- Jay: Nate wrote, “Standing is tricky, but the cases would be brought in state court...
- Michael: Anti-discrimination law is such a crock to begin with. It is a violation of the...
- john f.: Morally straight does not refer to gay vs. straight. It is too bad that...
- Ice Rep: So do the scouts remove being “morally straight” from the oath now?
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
November 27, 2003 | no commentsBy Gordon Smith