I have to confess that I just don’t buy Kaimi’s argument about tithing confidentiality and gossiping. I admit that much of what he says is right about the penchant of people to share secrets and confidences. On the other hand, not once in my experience have I ever been told whether a fellow member is or is not a full tithe payer. Of course it may just be that I am not popular enough in the various wards that I have attended to be worth sharing really juicy morsels with.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Guest Post- Taking Six Years to Teach the Book of MormonShe Shall Be An Ensign
- Cat: Just to make sure I don’t seem like a doom and gloomer, I did just finish...
- Cat: I love this idea. I hope it will become main stream and that Ardis’ work pays...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
Gossipping and Tithing
November 20, 2003 | one commentBy Nate Oman