I have to confess that I just don’t buy Kaimi’s argument about tithing confidentiality and gossiping. I admit that much of what he says is right about the penchant of people to share secrets and confidences. On the other hand, not once in my experience have I ever been told whether a fellow member is or is not a full tithe payer. Of course it may just be that I am not popular enough in the various wards that I have attended to be worth sharing really juicy morsels with.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Saul CallingsReading Nephi – 1:18-20Reading the Book of Mormon for the First Time AgainThe Sabbath Day: Its Meaning and Observance
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
Gossipping and Tithing
November 20, 2003 | one commentBy Nate Oman