I have to confess that I just don’t buy Kaimi’s argument about tithing confidentiality and gossiping. I admit that much of what he says is right about the penchant of people to share secrets and confidences. On the other hand, not once in my experience have I ever been told whether a fellow member is or is not a full tithe payer. Of course it may just be that I am not popular enough in the various wards that I have attended to be worth sharing really juicy morsels with.
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A temple, a temple, we already have a temple
- Terry H.: Nice post. For more on the temple in Exodus, the Septuagint Commentary on Exodus...
- Nate: Nice post. I hadn’t thought of the Old Testament as a “temple in...
- Jared vdH: Jadan (37), While I appreciate that for some the threat of death, hell, and...
- Lew Scannon: I get nervous when I hear (far too often) that we should follow our leaders...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 August 2014 August 28, 2014
- Fort Lauderdale Temple Named Best Cultural/Worship Project by Top Southeast Contractors August 27, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
Gossipping and Tithing
November 20, 2003 | one commentBy Nate Oman